Extra virgin olive oil, or EVOO makes the perfect olive oil for bread dipping. Aceto Balsamico balsamic vinegar makes the perfect salad dressing. Why not combine the two together, and have a salad with a side of bread dipping and olive oil in a dipping dish?
Cruets.com has the finest, unique elegant dipping dish made out of quality stoneware. Simply slice up the bread of your choice, and pour the olive oil in a dipping dish. Dip the bread in the olive oil and eat on the side with your salad.
To obtain a nutritive meal out of this salad, you will need to mix it with some sliced chicken breasts. It will take up to a quarter of an hour to prepare this salad and you will obtain 4 servings.
Here is what you need for the salad:
• Half a cup of chopped walnuts
• Half a cup of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
• Half a cup of dried currants or dried cranberries
• One eight ounce package of mixed Spring Greens
Here are the necessary ingredients for the dressing:
• Two tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
• Four to five teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
• Two tablespoons grated Asiago vecchio
• Half a cup of extra virgin olive oil
• Two tablespoons grated Romano cheese
Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix them. The dressing ingredients should be mixed in separate bowl until emulsified. Cover the salad with ½ dressing and toss the mixture really well. Use five separate salad plates to serve the salad and use the other half of dressing to add to taste.